Saturday, July 5, 2008

My First Mile!!

I ran my first continuous mile since Grade 10 gym class! I did my usual 2 miles/30 minute workout, but this time I was able to actually run for 1 straight mile. And I did it all while watching the last half hour of Nacho Libre (a motivational movie if ever there was one).

I feel like I could have run longer, but my calves weren't cooperating. I need to suppliment the treadmill with the Bowflex so my legs can keep up with me. My legs are burning, but the rest of me feels really good right now! I take a dramatically different approach to exercise than does my sister... I think it feels good to get a nice healthy sweat going.

Now I'm working towards 2 miles... then three. Then I can start on Day 1 of the actual training program.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yeah, those darn legs get you every time. If only they would realize YOU'RE in charge, things would go so much better.