Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Quick update

I just realized it has been over a month since I last posted, so I thought I'd put something up so I don't get kicked out of the blog society. I know, Michael hasn't updated his blog in four months... but he's a lawyer and is probably in tight with the blog enforcers. I don't have that kind of connection, so I'm playing it safe.

I pulled all of my Sunday School posts into a separate blog. On the right, you'll see the listing for "My Sunday School Page". This allows me to express my sarcastic side here without detracting from any of the good stuff over there. I have to apologize to those who made insightful comments on the old posts, I could only move the posts across. The comments were a sad casualty of the split. I had a really interesting experience over the last two weeks in class. We did the 'war chapters' (Alma 43-62), and I love the war chapters. For two weeks in a row, I went in without the lesson manual, just my scriptures and a few quotes on paper. Quite an interesting experience and something I've wanted to try for a long time, but never had the courage to do. I think it worked, I wasn't pelted with rotting fruits or vegetables, didn't get any angry calls from the bishopric... I'm not saying I'm ready to improvise a talk yet, but I might get there someday.

No comments: