Sunday, July 5, 2009

Not a Good Sign...

On Friday evening, Dawn and I went out to a movie with Michael & Jenie, leaving 10 kids with 2 babysitters. The evening's stellar customer service moment came at the concession counter. I placed my order, the total came to $8.91, I handed the girl a $10 bill, then pulled a penny out of my wallet with the intention of making the transaction easier. Sadly, this was not the case. She had to void the transaction and ring it in again so she could punch in $8.91 from $10.01 instead of just $10.00. And it got better... She gave me $10.10 in change.

"I gave you $10.01, how am I getting $10.10 back?"

*confused look*

"I should get $1.10, not $10.10..."

*disgruntled look as she takes back the $10 and gives me a loonie*

"If it's a problem, I can take the $10..."

Is math not still part of the school curiculum? Students still need to have passed a math course before they can graduate, right? Am I being unreasonable in my expectation that someone should be able to deal with an extra penny without reacting like Rainman headed towards an airline other than Qantas?

I'm sorry, Precious, but get used to having your name on your shirt...

2 comments:

Dawn said...

If you want some real entertainment ask them to tell time on a clock that has HANDS...

Krista said...

Yep, you're being TOTALLY unreasonable.
But that's nothing new ;)