Wednesday, May 21, 2008

For Your Shopping Convenience


This was at Walmart today, so I thought I'd take a picture of it. At first glance, everything seems normal. It's a great idea, making baskets available for people like me who don't realize they're going to need one until they're already in the food section and instead of just getting green onions and evaporated milk like their wives told them to pick up on their way home, they realize they are out of other essentials (Orange pop for making floats, white cranberry & peach juice...).


You know what would be really convenient? Handles on the freakin' baskets! There were three of these little racks at the ends of the aisles, and they all had one handle-less basket. So I had to walk to the front door, past the greeter (while I'm carrying all my grocery items), grab a good basket and walk back. The oh-so-helpful greeter looked at me somewhat puzzled and said "Welcome to Walmart." I'm sure she was wondering why I was coming in with groceries... It's times like that when I wish I could say what I'm really thinking, because I had a lot just waiting to come out.

2 comments:

Jenie said...

LOL....I don't know why I find this so funny, it just is.

Krista said...

hahahaa... I'm with Jenie - I have no idea why your frustration is so funny. But is sure is!