Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Signs I Travel Too Often

1. I walked into the hotel in Calgary Monday night just before 11:00, and the guy at the desk threw his arms up and said, "Finally! I was wondering if you were ever going to make it."

2. After the staff meeting and working in the office until nearly 8:00 PM, the only thing that sounded good to eat was a Costco hotdog. I did branch out a bit and get a chocolate sundae for dessert... cheaper and bigger than the DQ variety. I started out only two blocks away from Red Lobster, The Keg, and Olive Garden and had to drive past Tony Roma's, Montana's, and Boston Pizza just to get to Costco.

3. Dawn can go to Subway and check the schedule for five minutes and get mauled by the kids upon her return. Granted, Alaina will do that when Dawn comes out of the bedroom (or bathroom, or office...). I have to be gone for at least 2-3 days before I get a "hi, daddy" from Rhys who is downstairs playing on the computer. He usually waves as he says it, too.

4. I never completely unpack my suitcase when I get home, I just take out the dirty laundry. There's a good chance I'll just be packing it up again within 10 days anyway.

5. I still get Christmas cards (and calendars) from the hotel in Medicine Hat, and I haven't really stayed there in 2 years. They still remember me at the desk...

6. When they give me my room number at the front desk, 60% of the time I can tell if it's a really good room (417, that's the one with the big jet tub... 112, that's the nice suite with the 2nd TV, 305, that's in the corner, good thing they have a network jack in the room because the WiFi signal sucks...).

7. At least twice a year I can send Dawn to Great Falls for two nights on the hotel points I have accumulated since her last trip. And that's even around my occassional FutureShop gift card I cash in between the trips.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You are missed, I hate it that you are gone so much but look at you meeting new people=) And the trips to GF are GREATLY appreciated...especially the one i will be going on in two(?) weeks, lol.

Krista said...

The whole knowing which rooms are good ... is rather scary.