Monday, November 21, 2011

Some of My Favorites

It's time to put up some of my favorite Christmas songs. I'm not going to put them in any specific order because it's hard for me to quantify things I really like. It's like asking me to decide between my favorite foods...

Were You There - Jon Schmidt 
I'm a Jon Schmidt fan. I'm a sucker for a good piano arrangement, and when you add great vocals I'm hooked. The first time I heard this song was in Grade 11 when our seminary class went carolling to a senior's center and a few of the girls sang this (being 16 at the time, I only really remember one of them, but I'm sure there were others with her). I want my Christmas music to move me, and this song does it every time.

Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains
I remember being in the car with the family, I'm not sure if we were just driving around to look at Christmas lights or just happened to be singing Christmas songs at the time, but I remember wanting to sing this one.

O Holy Night
Josh Groban singing O Holy Night, can't go wrong there...

I have other favorites, but I keep getting sidetracked on YouTube. Maybe I'll post a follow-up if I manage to find more without being distracted...

No comments: