Thursday, May 19, 2011

Come to the Dark Side, We Have Milkshakes

I don't go to McDonald's very often any more, but I might start going a little more regularly now. Lemme e'splain. No, there is too much. Lemme sum up...

First of all, my former milkshake connection went and did something stupid. Not to be outdone by the new mini-Blizzard, DQ went and downsized their milkshake line up. "Just Right" my flabby tush!!
The milkshake they proudly flaunt at $2.99 is the 12oz small. Twelve ounces. 354mL. To me, that's a shot glass. Come back when you're serious. They took the medium cup, called it a large. The small is now medium, and they had to make up a new small because they didn't have anything that small before the change. Sure, "extra large available upon request". It just frosts me that I have to pay extra to get the cup I was getting before. The new large is around $5 and they don't even put the pricing up for the extra large. I want a job with DQ marketing. Apparently their advertising exec's don't have to be in touch, and get paid to go around making things smaller. Don't think I didn't notice the cones getting smaller. The minute you downsize the Peanut Buster Parfait will be the last time I walk through your doors. I'm not sure why you think "riDQulous" is a positive thing...

What does this have to do with McDonald's? Well, their large milkshake is still a large and costs $3.99. A large for the price of a medium at DQ (which used to be the small). Listen up DQ, my loyalty is only as strong as the best ice cream supply. When I can get more product for a lower price, then adios amigo. You are this close to being on my list, which is not a fun place to be. Just ask Futureshop... Okay, I'm not dilusional enough to think my shopping preferences have any effect, but it makes me feel better.

One day, I'll realize it's cheaper to buy my own ice cream and make the milkshakes/ blizzards at home, and I'll get more too.

No comments: