Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 2: Another 2 miles

I'm feeling last night's workout a bit more this time. Apparently I have calf muscles... who knew. I love being able to set the pace on the treadmill, and this time I was able to actually jog for about 0.8 of a mile (not all at once though) and did 2.09 miles in 30 minutes.

Speaking of treadmills, a buddy at work gave me a really good deal on his. Long story short, he has the nice one from Costco that is still in the box (well, three boxes actually)... the one with the TV screen and 3hp motor. So next week when I come up for the staff meeting I get to pick it up.

In my head, I'm planning to do the treadmill during the week and then go out and actually hit the real road on Saturdays. I also need to start doing the Bowflex on my off-days so I can work on my legs.

So this week I've already done more running than I have since gym class in Grade 10 (which was the last time I had to take gym). I've never been one to go out and run for the heck of it, but it's starting to grow on me.

3 comments:

Krista said...

VERY proud of you, Gary! After the first mile it's easy breezing, right?

Unknown said...

I'm not quite at the easy breezing stage yet... I'm just looking forward to the time when I can actually jog for a mile without having to walk in between.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gary! You'll finish that marathon no problem! I admire you-don't think, well I know I could NOT do that! Good job!